Business conflicts occur frequently. Examples include:
- Conflicts between the board of directors
- Conflicts with employees
- Shareholders disputes
- Contract disputes
- Conflicts with suppliers
- Takeover disputes
Conflicts impact the performance and financial results of a company. If conflicts need to be resolved quickly, effectively and in a durable manner mediation can offer a solution.
What is mediation?
Mediation is a procedure in which parties discuss their dispute with the help of a trained impartial third person who assists them in reaching a settlement.
Why use mediation to resolve a conflict?
- Mediation saves time.
- Mediations saves costs.
- Mediation allows for a broader range of solutions than a judicial decision.
- Mediation is designed to reach a "win-win" solution.
- Mediation allows for a sustainable solution supported by all parties involved.
- No loss of face.
- Mediation is confidential. This means no press coverage and no reputational damage.